Fatal error: Segmentation fault

2759   3   2
3 posts
Hello,

I just can't open houdini 15, it crashes.

No matter how many times I try to reinstall or update to the newest version, it doesn't work. On the same machine, using windows 8.1 it worked, but now I have to move back to windows 8 and appears this problem. Any help?

Attachments:
crash.untitled.Ruben_480_log.txt (1.2 KB)

806 posts
Moin,

this definitely is something for SESI support, although I could imagine Windows 8 not being supported any more.

Anyway, you might want to try playing with your GPU drivers - if you are running the vanilla Windows driver, try installing a manufacturor's version et vice versa. That entry about “RegisterProcTableCallback” smells like some Qt/openGL issue to me.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe it's moral support?

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
3 posts
Haha moral support? I barely understand your answer! Hahaha..

Anyway, I am playing with my drivers.. I don't know if the problem is that I am using OpenGL 4.0, I am having problems updating my drivers, but that's another story.

If I find a solution, I'll post it here.

Thanks!
3 posts
I solved it!

Install Driver Talent and this software automatically updates your drivers (no matter what), after that run Houdini and that's all.
  • Quick Links