Flip AutoDopNetwork collisions for static objects messing up and causing problems.

1662   4   1
72 posts
I'm setting up a Flip fluid sim, and everything for the most part is going well. Now all of the sudden my collision data inside AutoDopNetwork has rotated on me! Not sure how I did this or how to rotate it back to what is outside of the AutoDopNetwork node. Any ideas??? Quite frustrating.

Attachments:
FlipCollision02.jpg (530.4 KB)
FlipCollision01.jpg (635.9 KB)

2624 posts
Unfortunately , posting a few pictures doesn't really help , clearly you need to debug your scene , first off you should be looking at the object level transforms. if all looks good there you should then be looking at the dop object node , at every stage you can view what each node is doing by setting the display flag and looking at where the data is cooking.

Rob
Gone fishing
72 posts
I'll try my best do piece together what you've just said and figure out exactly what you're saying. You're last sentence sounds particularly important, I'll try to figure it out.

Just trying to figure this all out as I go…

I'll probably end up just deleting the Dop node and redoing everything. Fun times.
Edited by Sneil - Jan. 20, 2017 16:53:41
2624 posts
Hi , its an essential skill to be able to understand what is going on in your scene and how the houdini scene data is being used and manipulated. The one advantage Houdini has, is that its easy to back track. Its well worth learning as its daily skill, when your creating effects and doing shots.

Rob
Gone fishing
72 posts
Thanks, I hear ya. Ive been focusing on learning in the specific areas for my particular project, trying to pick up the interface along the way. Clearly I need to stop and take an hour to go through some standard into tutorials to better learn the node process then as it seems I'm missing some essential and basic fundamentals.
  • Quick Links