Problem with Dual Mesh tutorial - second mesh not displacing

2638   2   1
3 posts
I'm working through the Dual Mesh [sidefx.com] tutorial using Houdini Apprentice 16. However, the dispdir and dispweight attributes are not being transferred over to the Voronoi mesh's displace1 attribute VOP. This causes the Voronoi mesh not to be displaced. I'm pretty sure I have the correct values in place. (I've included screenshots, including one of the displace1 node's contents.)

I wonder if this could be a bug or something that has changed since Houdini 15.5. I've attached the .hipnc file.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
DualMesh.hipnc (155.3 KB)
Delaunay displaced.JPG (151.5 KB)
Voronoi Displace.JPG (117.1 KB)
Displace1 node contents.JPG (64.8 KB)

2551 posts
I see what you mean, the Bind does not work. Is there any reason why you can't just fetch the ptnum directly from the global variables? This type of connection gets the displacement slider working again.

Also if you are not using Cd you can plug various vops outputs into Cd and use it like a visual debugger.
Edited by Enivob - March 18, 2017 21:27:36

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (282.9 KB)
ap_DualMesh.hipnc (156.2 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
3 posts
Thanks, Enivob! I'll check that out. I should also make a report about the bind not working.

EDIT: I went ahead and filed the bug report. I still see the warning about attribute mismatch on the merge node, but the displacement is working now.
Edited by catnip - March 19, 2017 17:59:17
  • Quick Links