RBD help with glue constraints.

3407   2   1
90 posts
Hello,

I'm following the applied houdini rigids II tutorial but I'm having trouble implementing it. I'm using H16, so I don't know if that's the problem (even though I used the same nodes).

What's happening is that inside the SOPSolver which is inside the Dop network, the solver is supposed to break the constraints at frame 3 and then continue to break them. What happens instead is that it does break them at frame 3, but instead, creates new constraints at frame 4.

I've attached a copy of my hip file.

Thank you.

Attachments:
Rigids2_help.hip (348.0 KB)

Staff
727 posts
The default expression for the Overwrite with SOP parameter on the Constraint Network DOP is evaluating to 1 on each frame because the SOP node is time-dependent, and this keeps overwriting the constraint network from the SOP path.
The time dependency comes from the use of $F on the file cache SOP, so you could either adjust that or change the Overwrite with SOP expression to $SF == 1 to only import from SOPs on the first frame.
90 posts
cwhite
The default expression for the Overwrite with SOP parameter on the Constraint Network DOP is evaluating to 1 on each frame because the SOP node is time-dependent, and this keeps overwriting the constraint network from the SOP path.
The time dependency comes from the use of $F on the file cache SOP, so you could either adjust that or change the Overwrite with SOP expression to $SF == 1 to only import from SOPs on the first frame.

That solved it! thanks!
  • Quick Links