Baking Occulsion Texture

2172   4   0
26 posts
This is probably going to be a stupid question, since what I am trying to do is very basic and cannot be complicated, but still for some reason I can't find any good information on it, nor a tutorial, and I've been struggling several days.

I want to bake an Ambient Occulusion Texture of an object. Now, here is what I do:

I have a mesh with simple UVs laid out:

I add a bakeToTexture node in the /out network:

This is how the attributes of the bake look like. I have set the object with the UVs into all necessary categories. (maybe here is a problem?):

When I press Render To Mplay all I get is a black render. What am I missing?

Edited by 8BitBeard - April 5, 2017 03:50:23

Attachments:
occulsion_1.png (478.5 KB)
occulsion_2.png (10.9 KB)
occulsion_3.png (86.9 KB)
occulsion_4.png (134.5 KB)

Staff
107 posts
Hi!

UVQuickshade assigns a material which does not feature the correct exports for baking. If you disable the UVQuickshade node you should get the correct results.

Also, since you have no high-res object, you should be able to have only the UV object parameter set to your object.

Cheers,
Scott
—————-
Scott Keating
Product Designer
SideFX Software
—————-
26 posts
Nope, nothing happening even when removing the UVQuickshade. I've attached the hip file for anyone interested in looking into it.

Attachments:
testmodels_01.hiplc (322.3 KB)

333 posts
what version are you using? I am not getting the same result with the model at the end.

However I tested the occlusion with the parts of the model that are correct. and here it works. i tested with build 565.

What you need to do to make it work is remove the UV Cage Object. Just put your Geo in the UV Object and leave the others empty if they dont actually exist.
26 posts
Doudini
what version are you using? I am not getting the same result with the model at the end.

However I tested the occlusion with the parts of the model that are correct. and here it works. i tested with build 565.

What you need to do to make it work is remove the UV Cage Object. Just put your Geo in the UV Object and leave the others empty if they dont actually exist.

Doh! Thanks a lot, that was the issue :-D I knew it was a simple problem.
  • Quick Links