What's the $HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR/stats used for ?

1979   2   0
27 posts
I found that Houdini automatically generate some JSON files in this folder during runtime. But I don't know what's the meaning of these files.

And because of some unknown reasons, I found about over one hundred thousands of JSON files in some artists' user folder (over 150MB), and these files cause us render farm occupied by Mantra for a long time after the image is generated.

Have anybody ran into this condition before? Why there are so many JSON files and will it cause anything wrong if I simply clean this folder each time Houdini startup?
Edited by calving - April 28, 2017 04:48:11
7717 posts
That directory collects anonymous user statistics. It's fine to just delete it. If you want to avoid generating them altogether, you can disable it from within Houdini or set environment variable HOUDINI_ANONYMOUS_STATISTICS to 0.
27 posts
edward
That directory collects anonymous user statistics. It's fine to just delete it. If you want to avoid generating them altogether, you can disable it from within Houdini or set environment variable HOUDINI_ANONYMOUS_STATISTICS to 0.

Thanks a lot, it makes sense.
Edited by calving - May 2, 2017 09:38:53
  • Quick Links