Houdini to headus UVLayout

11081   24   8
918 posts
Hey Artye,

please try setting the path to the following:
/Applications/headus-UVLayout-Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/uvlayout

I may have to throw in some logic to simplify this. The app bundle structure and the way uvlayout is setup is not making this easy for the users.

Thank you
Andy
4189 posts
Nice! - launches
67 posts
Rare workflow!

My problem is when finishing the UV edition inside Headus. It renames file.obj to file_uvlayout.obj (acording to Houdini suffix).
This is a problem:
1)We loose the original file with the original UV map.
2)The Read node inside Houdini stop working because file.obj now doesnt exits.

..or I am wrong.

This is my workflow:
1)Load a READ node in houdini to file.obj
2)Load headus_uvlayout.hda … adjust sufix to _uvlayout.
3)Click EXPORT
This deletes original file.obj and replaces for file.keep
4)Modify the UV in headus.
5)Headus creates another file named file.out ¿?
6)Click send in headus. (This deletes original file and creates file_uvlayout.obj)
7)Click import in Houdini. Here you can change both original and modified UVs(transfer UVs to geometry option) but if you reload the READ node ERROR!! doesnt exist.

I think is better to create a WRITE NODE inside your plugin with file_backup.obj or remove the suffix to avoid error.
918 posts
Hi bhbilbao,

in your workflow, it's best to set the name for the file which is sent to uvlayout to something other than the file you import with the read node. Have a look in the video around 1:08.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Edited by Andy_23 - June 9, 2017 16:47:55
67 posts
I know whats the problem.
Inside the File to UVLayout box we cannot use the same name as the read node (in my case `chs(“../file/file”)`).
A diferent name must be placed here, for example file_uvlayout.obj and empty _suffix box(this file will be temporal ..keep & out) …after clicking IMPORT FROM UVLAYOUT(file.out) will be imported as file_uvlayout.obj maintaining original file.obj (with “Transfer UV to geometry” we can change between original file.obj and file_uvlayout.obj)

Works fine! 10/10
Edited by bhb - June 9, 2017 16:56:48
  • Quick Links