particlefluidsurafce node doesn't work

2547   5   0
50 posts
Hi,

I learn to try to create a emitte paticle fluid from object,when I want to convert it to surface mesh,but it is not working,I don't know what I am doing wrong,as in the screenshot.Thank you for any help!
Edited by sunkjy2017 - June 1, 2017 23:43:31

Attachments:
emitter fluid from object.hip (548.9 KB)
mesh fail.PNG (470.8 KB)

2539 posts
Just recreate the sim and don't throw away any nodes.

Create a Sphere and move it up a bit.
Click the FLIP from Object shelf tool.
Dive into the resulting node sphere_object1_fluid and move the display flag to particlefluidsurface1.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
50 posts
Hi,Enivob.

Thank you for your quick reply. As what you said,I use the shelf tool to create the emitter,everything is OK. but I don't want to use the shelf tool,I want to create it by hand,how to fix that problem?Thank you !
2539 posts
I think it is the way you have the dopnet1 setup. You are converting your sphere into particles but you are referencing them as a surface. You also have this extra node, particlefluidemitter, connected to input 4 of the solver. I don't think you need that at all.

When I disconnected particlefluidemitter from the flipsolver1 and then set the flipobject1 to ParticleField instead of Surface SOP the existing particlefluidsurface1 began working as normal.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
280 posts
the problem is that u use particlefluidsurface which expect the setting that sesi has laid out…
for example your DOP I/O have 5 primitive shelfs tools only generate 4 primitive
the first primitive being geometry was deleted by delete_prims node inside particlefluidsurface node
the way I see it theres 4 way if you still want to use the non standard way…
1. disable the “delete_prisms” node
2. use VDB from Particle Fluid node and append vdb convert afterwards
3. use sourceVolume node instead of particlefluidemitter theres presets to conditioned the source to make particle fluid surface to work properly…
4. add “add” node just after DOP I/O node and thicked delete geometry but keep the point option..

so there u r 4 ways i can think of to make your setup works…

Best regards
Patar
50 posts
Thanks patar for the detailed explanation ,my issue is fixed now.
  • Quick Links