Bake texture separately by group

1494   2   1
6 posts
Hello, I'm a beginner of Houdini.
I have a geometry which consists of several grids, which have different primitive color patterns. (“testures_plane” on the attachment)
For each grids, a primitive group is assigned.
I'd like to export each of these color patterns as textures separately by these primitive groups using baketexture rop.
Also, I'd like to automate switching groups to render uvs, while keeping flexibility of number of grids; so the number of grids will be increased after this test.
Normally, when you render several different versions of visual effects in one time, you can use wedge node to vary parameters.
Is there any way to iterate and render all groups separately like using wedge, but which can be applied for strings?

Attachments:
render texture separately.hiplc (2.9 MB)

Staff
428 posts
You could add an integer parameter and have the Wedge ROP alter that parameter instead, and have the Group parameter on UV Project SOP use the integer parameter (eg primGroup`ch(“yourparametername”)`). You'll also need to have the output file name also be affected by the parameter.

Alternatively, you could leverage UDIMs to have every grid rendered in one go. i.e. use 0~1 U coordinate for the first grid, 1~2 for second grid etc (also please remember that, with UDIMS, V coordinate needs to be incremented every 10th grid).
6 posts
Thank you so much,dlee!
I've tried the first way and it worked!
I will try the second way later on.
  • Quick Links