Stairs example question for experts
4883 7 1-
- bhb
- Member
- 67 posts
- Joined: April 2017
- Offline
Need some help to make a simple shape for one stair using copy/duplicate SOP.
My problem is that the STEPS are getting widder and bigger for each copy. I want to maintain the same width for all steps.
Probably could be some type of trick using bbox…
P.D. I dont want any copy_to_points workflow.
My problem is that the STEPS are getting widder and bigger for each copy. I want to maintain the same width for all steps.
Probably could be some type of trick using bbox…
P.D. I dont want any copy_to_points workflow.
Edited by bhb - June 12, 2017 15:33:12
-
- Konstantin Magnus
- Member
- 744 posts
- Joined: Sept. 2013
- Online
'Experts' would not pile boxes on top of each other to get stairs
Youll get lots of overlapping polygons that way.
Youll get lots of overlapping polygons that way.
https://procegen.konstantinmagnus.de/ [procegen.konstantinmagnus.de]
-
- bhb
- Member
- 67 posts
- Joined: April 2017
- Offline
-
- Konstantin Magnus
- Member
- 744 posts
- Joined: Sept. 2013
- Online
I didnt look into copySOP for a while and foreach is unnecessarily complicated for this, but you could subtract a horizontal from a vertical gradient across a grid and delete all black polygons from it to get some stairs.
https://procegen.konstantinmagnus.de/ [procegen.konstantinmagnus.de]
-
- bhb
- Member
- 67 posts
- Joined: April 2017
- Offline
Thanks, your file works. But I need all steps separately because I intend to apply Bevel to them after.
For the moment I got it with PolygonMesh(height,width..of the stepts) > Copy (numer of steps) > transform+Bool(to cut backfaces).
But the question remains there… a “tricky” or something to use a COPY node only, and get same width in the steps.
For the moment I got it with PolygonMesh(height,width..of the stepts) > Copy (numer of steps) > transform+Bool(to cut backfaces).
But the question remains there… a “tricky” or something to use a COPY node only, and get same width in the steps.
Edited by bhb - June 12, 2017 21:02:00
-
- anon_user_40689665
- Member
- 648 posts
- Joined: July 2005
- Offline
-
- bhb
- Member
- 67 posts
- Joined: April 2017
- Offline
-
- bhb
- Member
- 67 posts
- Joined: April 2017
- Offline
-
- Quick Links

