Jerking endpoints on animation

1516   4   0
340 posts
I asked this on the Indie forum, but this might be a better place to ask about why endpoints jerk with animating a curve. I have attached a Houdini problem that has the problem and an equivalent C4D file that works. However, since Houdini allows me to extrude groups after creating the sweep, I would like to use the Houdini version going forward. Any suggestions on where the error is on the endpoints? Thanks.

Attachments:
PathCurve.hiplc (108.6 KB)
SweepNurbTapered.c4d (1.4 MB)

4189 posts
Not sure how people use C4D but simply looking at your point counts shows it is changing as it's being resampled.

Simply set a Maximum Segments amount.

Attachments:
PathCurveEDIT.hiplc (108.6 KB)

340 posts
Thank you so much! That makes complete sense, and it fixes it. One other issue: is there a way to alter the ramp so that it is a curve rather than linear between points, so that it is smoother? I assume one could write an equation based on the sine wave, but is there an equivalent of bezier points on a ramp?
4189 posts
on the CrossRamp node? You can set those ramp points to Bezier, select the pointy box under the ramp and set the Interpolation on all points - it's a bit old-skool in that you need 4 points, 2 handles / 2 knots and they aren't connected. have a play.
340 posts
Thank you!!
  • Quick Links