Apprentice License Issue

2235   5   0
12 posts
So today when I tried to open up Houdini (apprentice version) I got a pop up saying that I had to install or reinstall my free Houdini license. So i reinstalled it and it said "successfully installed license. After that I try to run Houdini again but the same thing happens even though I have installed the license. What is going on?
2544 posts
On OSX your first run must be under a user with Admin permissions to the system.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
12 posts
Enivob
On OSX your first run must be under a user with Admin permissions to the system.
This isn't the first time I open Houdini and I also have admin permission.
2544 posts
When I end up in this state. I simply uninstall Houdini, download a newer version and install that. Seems to work every time.

I think the SideFX license server get's gunked up every once in a while and get's stuck in a loop.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
12 posts
Enivob
When I end up in this state. I simply uninstall Houdini, download a newer version and install that. Seems to work every time.

I think the SideFX license server get's gunked up every once in a while and get's stuck in a loop.
It didn't work but if it is a server issue it might fix itself during the day.
12 posts
nhaavard_vikesland
Enivob

It didn't work but if it is a server issue it might fix itself during the day.
The issue has been resolved. I simply used cellular data to download the license instead of wifi and weird enough it worked.
  • Quick Links