HQ failed

3059   7   0
8 posts
HQ is not working now.

‘”\\xxx\hq\houdini_distros\hfs.windows-x86_64\bin\hython"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 17, 2017 20:24:34

Attachments:
2.PNG (1.7 KB)

378 posts
I have the same issue. Any solutions?

Edit:

A few further infos:

It would seem that neither my HQ Server nor my clients are able to access any files on my central storage which is a NAS.
The client can run Houdini when I use the local installation instead of the distro in the shared folder but it can not access the the scene file which is stored on the NAS.

I had a similar issue some time ago when my (interactive) local installation could not access files on the NAS. This was fixed by using the HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD = 2 variable in the houdini.env. However this does not seem to work when I try to render with the HQ Client.
Edited by OneBigTree - Sept. 28, 2018 11:42:54
378 posts
I managed to fix the access issue somehow by allowing full access for everyone on the NAS. Now I have a very strange issue:
I assign the job to one client which succeeds in creating the ifds but then seems to try to render two child-job (frames) at once and the second one always fails while the first succeeds. So it only renders every second frame up to 6, 3 succeeded, 3 failed and then gets blocked for failing too often.
I have not the faintest idea why it does that. The options for HQueue seem pretty limited so there is nothing I can change to see what causes this behavior.

The log for the failed frames shows the error message from the OP: “ hython”' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
Edited by OneBigTree - Sept. 28, 2018 19:45:30
378 posts
Has anyone HQueue running under Windows? Or are you all on linux and OSX?
378 posts
I have somehow managed to fix the hython problem by installing the server on a different machine.
But now my clients can no find the scene file. I is in the projects subfolder which is in the shared folder.
The client can access the distro, but not the scene file.

This is my final update for this issue because after this job I will touch Houdini only when I really, really must and then only with tweezers.
I tried to do a very simple project which I probably could have done in C4D without having any prior experience.
The things I have come across during this project made it the worst user experience I have ever had with any 3D software. Did you know that Houdini sets a keyframe for the camera when autokey is on, the camera is tied to the view and you switch from animation editor to the scene view? Only one of those little things….

Back to SI…
4189 posts
OneBigTree
Did you know that Houdini sets a keyframe for the camera when autokey is on, the camera is tied to the view and you switch from animation editor to the scene view?

Can't reproduce that bug on Linux or Windows.

In general, you want to lock the camera parameters, RMB on the Translate and Rotate parms.
378 posts
fuos
OneBigTree
Did you know that Houdini sets a keyframe for the camera when autokey is on, the camera is tied to the view and you switch from animation editor to the scene view?

Can't reproduce that bug on Linux or Windows.

In general, you want to lock the camera parameters, RMB on the Translate and Rotate parms.

Well I can repro 100%. I would make a video if I had the time. Maybe next week.
I general I don't want to have to lock anything to prevent anything from happening that shouldn't happen at all.
378 posts
Actually I quickly recorded something and started a new thread with it:

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/58198/?page=1#post-260778 [www.sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links