Block_Multiparm_List + Instances Issues..

3096   2   1
67 posts
Hi again guys,

-Created a Block Multiparm list with some parameters (“instance_type” and “instance_position”).
-Inside “INSTANCES” node I created some points and asigned previous parameters to them.
-Exported the HDA to UnrealEngine4.
And the problems begins….

1. By default UE4 takes default parameter for all instances created with Houdini Block_Multiparm_List(in this case position=0.01 and type=0.. the screen below has the parameters changed in ue4 after.)
¿How to save the parameters in Houdini for each value in Block_Multiparm_List?

2. http://www.sidefx.com/docs/unreal16.0/_attributes.html [www.sidefx.com]
Using “unreal_instance” attribute name doesnt work with the Houdini “INSTANCE” node. When creating new instances pressing the + Icon, the meshes are defaults from Houdini.. never replaced automatically by the UE4 meshes..for example:
StaticMesh'/Game/StarterContent/Props/SM_Rock.SM_Rock'

3. Using Attribute Wrangle(Points) inside “INSTANCE” node also doesnt work. The “Attribute Create” node must be used here, in other way, with the Wrangle our HDA will not be builded in UE4.(Error generating Mesh!)

4. Clicking in the + Icon for generting new Instances in UE4 ,.. do not update the Houdini Instance Inputs Slots ¿?. The unique instance slot must be replaced with a Ue4 mesh to refresh this screen part with the new instances.
Also, removing INSTANCES from Houdini parameters do not update the Houdini Instance Input Slots. ¿?

Attachments:
Block_Multiparm_List_Instances.png (426.7 KB)

Staff
534 posts
Hi bhbilbao,

Could you post your hda so I can have a look at your issue?
67 posts
Cannot send you original file of the Company because is more than 102MB with opdefs: extra files and textures.
I made a small one apart with only the code needed for this thread.
I supose to be working the same way (problems included).

In previous post I forget to mention: using Houdini 16.0.577 and UE4.15.

Attachments:
MultiParm+Instances_to_UE4.hipnc (169.1 KB)

• Quick Links