purchased Indie, installed it but license server won't connect

7683   5   1
320 posts
I just purchased Indie, it installed just fine but it doesn't start, I get popup “License error: unable to connect to hserver for license acquisition” also no server found at localhost: 1714. I am running Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. I added HoudiniFX.exe to exclusion in Defender. I have an email to support, while waiting I thought I'd post this to see if others have had this and what they did to solve it.

when I first installed Apprentice (16.0) I had exact same error but I had forgotten to check Apprentice on the installation, once I did that it installed and ran fine.
323 posts
use same email as used for purchase and the right password for that account.
This was my issue if i remember right. I had a different one for this forum.
Staff
48 posts
Did you install the license server? (Commercial Licensing option in the installer)

To install a paid-for license, you need to do the following:
1. Install Houdini with the Commercial Licensing option enabled. You can't use Apprentice License mode.
2. Run the Houdini License Administrator (hkey)
3. In hkey, choose “Install Licenses”. Make sure to log in with your license account (which may not be your forum login)
4. Make sure you're launching Houdini using the right shortcut (e.g. run hindie.exe for Indie).
320 posts
I got it sorted out, I did use two different emails.
22 posts
I didn't realize I used a different e-mail also when ordering so I couldn't login. So I tried installing them manually. Now the licenses show up but it still will not start. Now that I realized I used to e-mails I was able to login in but now no licenses show up when I try to install licenses.
Please help
Attachment Not Found

Edited by r_ross - Nov. 11, 2017 10:47:19

Attachments:
license none.JPG (21.1 KB)
installed licenses.JPG (33.3 KB)

22 posts
Please disregard it is working I was trying to open houdini fx instead of the indie version because i didn't notice it in the menu.
  • Quick Links