Import a sequence of DAE or x3d to create an animated sequence

1794   2   0
7 posts
First of all I cannot create an alembic or obj sequence from my main apps that is a specific chemistry application
I've read a bit of the present thread but it doesn't seem to solve my issue which is the following.
I create a dae sequence (correctly numbered) when I try to give it as an input to my Houdini it load the first one but not as a sequence (even if it correctly recognize my fy files as a sequence in the file dialogue). It load the first file and when I click play to see the preview of the animation nothing happens. Also it would be nice to load the files without all the nodes but that's another issue. For now it would be a GREAT deal to succeed in importing it
Jojo
2551 posts
Animation for FBX and Collada (DAE) is built into the file format and typically not used as a sequence.

What you can try is to import a single frame then dive inside to the File node and unlock it by CTRL-CLICKING on the orange lock flag. Once the File node is unlocked you could try using $F to drive the file name. Then Houdini may read it as a sequence. If your dae sequence has zero padding in the file numbering make sure to adjust the $F accordingly (i.e. my_file_0001.dae needs my_file_$F4.dae).
Edited by Enivob - March 27, 2017 13:09:50

Attachments:
dae_seuqnce.gif (425.4 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
7 posts
Thanks so much ! I thought I already answered to thanks but it seems I did not !
  • Quick Links