hkey unable to modify WINDOWS/keys/licenses.local even when given permission

2169   4   1
39 posts
All is in the title, I went to licenses.local and I changed permissions all the way up to “Full Control” for all applications. I've even given hkey permission to modify the entire “keys” folder and yet it still refuses to function, preventing me from exporting anything from MPlay. All my licenses are valid and functional. Have I misunderstood something or is this a bug? I've had this problem before for quite a while but I didn't know it then.
39 posts
I've continued to have problems with hkey, it's still giving me error “Cannot modify the license file” and the option to manually enter license codes is greyed out. This seems to have happened with every one of my installations of Houdini, is there some setting in my system that I need to change to prevent this from happening?
39 posts
Fellas? Anyone there? Heh
236 posts
Hi, I haven't had this specific issue before but the only issue I've had with hkey was fixed by using “run as administrator”. (I also run the installer using admin out of habit) Not sure if that helps or is related.

Rob
39 posts
I could've sworn that Launch as Admin didn't make a difference but I just tried it now and it works perfectly However it's now telling me my account doesn't exist when trying to install new licenses, hm :0
  • Quick Links