For Each Loop - "Number Range" Parameter Equivalent

3413   6   2
12 posts
Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a For-Each Subnetwork with the new looping workflow. Unfortunately when I try to find an equivalent for the old option “Number Range” with three values, I can't find any. There's just an “Iterations” slider which doesn't give me the same result.

I build two projects exactly the same way, same nodes, same code etc. But one with the old For-Each Subnetwork node and one with the new For-Each Number nodes.

Does anybody know what I need to change or how I can workaround this?

Best regards,
Choix

Attachments:
h_01.PNG (26.5 KB)
h_02.PNG (76.9 KB)

8551 posts
you can use start Value and Iterations (or Increment too) to do custom range

range 0-2 = 0 1 2 = Start Value 0, Iterations 3, increment 1
range 5-12 = 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 = Start Value 5, Iterations 8, increment 1
range 2-8:2 = 2 4 6 8 = Start Value 2, Iterations 4, increment 2
etc…
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
12 posts
Thanks! I get a wider range now.

But the problem remains that the whole behaviour of the loop/ the outcome is completely different. I didn't cange any code and just copied the nodes from within the old loop to the new one, that's it.

Usually the loop starts stacking boxes on top and next to each other, with the new loop it just adds one and starts replacing that one with random boxes. I'm really confused.
Edited by choix - March 20, 2018 15:02:25
12 posts
Hello,

absolutely, two files are attatched. The _right file works with the old loop how it should and the _wrong file has exactly the same nodes copied but wrapped in the new loop.

I edited some paths after copying the nodes one level up and also used the detail function instead of the stamp function to access the iterations attribute.

I already watched two masterclasses but I will have a look at them again in detail. Right now this seems like something small I am forgetting and I just lack the experience to spot it.

Thank you very much!
Edited by choix - March 20, 2018 17:05:52

Attachments:
ForLoop_right.hipnc (102.1 KB)
ForLoop_wrong.hipnc (111.4 KB)

8551 posts
changed the wrong one to match Foreach subnet settingd
your Block Begin was Fetch input instead of fetch Feedback and the loop had different num of iterations

Attachments:
ForLoop_wrong_done_right.hipnc (165.9 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
12 posts
Thank you very much, I would have never found that myself. I'm really relieved now.
2 posts
tamte
changed the wrong one to match Foreach subnet settingd
your Block Begin was Fetch input instead of fetch Feedback and the loop had different num of iterations
Hi, I have the same problem, I have a subnetwork node, but there is no "Number Range" parametr, How can i solve this problem??? Without foreachloop
  • Quick Links