Boolean fracture problem

3111   4   0
7 posts
Hello!

Im having issues with fracturing using boolean. I downloaded column model, import it in houdini using file operator and now I want to fracture it using cutting planes. Im getting this wierd results (empty geo). Is there a problem with model? Cause If I use a tube or pighead It fracture it correct.

Attachments:
cutting_problem.hipnc (458.3 KB)

555 posts
dunno…cos there's no column….so I whacked in a tube instead…works…

(EDIT: sorry for repeating what you've said with the tube there, best to upload the column)
Edited by vusta - April 16, 2018 04:40:13

Attachments:
cutting_problem_tube.hipnc (529.2 KB)

7 posts
vusta
dunno…cos there's no column….so I whacked in a tube instead…works…

(EDIT: sorry for repeating what you've said with the tube there, best to upload the column)

Sorry I forgot to upload it. Here it Is

Attachments:
greek_coluimn2.obj (2.5 MB)

1755 posts
Put a Fuse after transfrom3. Or before. Remember to always check 3d boundaries in the display settings (another default that doesn't represent what most people need… ummm… by default)
The issue will not be entirely solved. The column has some issues in the upper part that will have to be manually dealt with as the Fuse will fail to close all those disconnected edges. Boolean node has some requirements - better brush up on those. Also use $HIP for file referencing for better portability.
Cheers!
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - April 16, 2018 19:14:20
7 posts
inhiding
Put a Fuse after transfrom3. Or before. Remember to always check 3d boundaries in the display settings (another default that doesn't represent what most people need… ummm… by default)
The issue will not be entirely solved. The column has some issues in the upper part that will have to be manually dealt with as the Fuse will fail to close all those disconnected edges. Boolean node has some requirements - better brush up on those. Also use $HIP for file referencing for better portability.
Cheers!

Thanks!
  • Quick Links