MacOS Expressions unable to evaluate

1742   3   0
31 posts
Hi,

I only have on Mac this kind of bug: Vex Expressions dont get evaluated. Expressions like bbox or $F also fail…

using Houdini Indie 16.5.473

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-17 um 12.14.58.png (110.4 KB)
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-17 um 12.15.07.png (202.6 KB)

Staff
2540 posts
You get this error when the parameter is defaulting to use Python instead of Hscript.

First to clear the error RMB (Right Mouse Button) on that parameter field or the parameter name to the left and in the menu choose Expression > Change Language to Hscript Expressions.

Now how the node got in that state to use Python instead of the factory default Hscript Expressions?

Check your Houdini Preferences from the main menu > Scripting tab and ensure that your expression language in the menu choice is set to Hscript. Then press Apply.

Note that changing the Expression Language in the preferences only works on NEW operators that you add. It doesn't change the settings on already created nodes. For that you have to manually RMB and change parameters back to HScript or write a script that rips through all your nodes and changes the parm states back to hscript.
There's at least one school like the old school!
31 posts
Thank You very much!

old_school
You get this error when the parameter is defaulting to use Python instead of Hscript.

First to clear the error RMB (Right Mouse Button) on that parameter field or the parameter name to the left and in the menu choose Expression > Change Language to Hscript Expressions.

Now how the node got in that state to use Python instead of the factory default Hscript Expressions?

Check your Houdini Preferences from the main menu > Scripting tab and ensure that your expression language in the menu choice is set to Hscript. Then press Apply.

Note that changing the Expression Language in the preferences only works on NEW operators that you add. It doesn't change the settings on already created nodes. For that you have to manually RMB and change parameters back to HScript or write a script that rips through all your nodes and changes the parm states back to hscript.
31 posts
Additionally to mention: the support team answered that i have to change the language of my system from german(in my case) to english to get everything right by default
  • Quick Links