Game Development Release 1.11

3010   3   2
240 posts
Hey Everyone,

Took us a bit longer than expected but we just pushed a new version of the GameDevToolset (1.11)

In this version we also added installers for those of you that might be behind a firewall and couldn't get the tools setup properly with the updater. You can download them from here [drive.google.com]. In future versions they will also get added to github

The other change for 1.11 is that we've merged Development and Stable and in future versions will deprecate the Stable branch. The reason for the Stable branch was to protect people from breaking changes in Development, but the releases serve that purpose now, and we've also added a lot of infrastructure behind the tools with smoke tests and unit tests.

We've also added a (Beta) tag to nodes that are still under active development, as some nodes have stabilized and haven't seen much movement in close to a year, we deem those production ready.

Documentation and videos will be coming online throughout the week.

Release Notes

- Delighting Node (NEW)

This node is a part of the photogrammetry pipeline we've been working on. It takes a model with vertex colors and attempts to remove the lighting information from it.

- Straighten (NEW)

This node is also a part of the photogrammetry pipeline we've been working on. It takes a model with arbitrary rotation and some primitive groups that specify which faces are pointing up and which faces are point forward. It then rotates the model properly to fix its orientation.

- Retime Node (NEW)

This node is a part of our FX workflow tools. It is designed to take a RBD or FLIP simulation and apply artistic control to the timing, allowing you to speed up or slow down different parts of the animation.

- Extract Borders (NEW)

A utility node that wraps around the Remove Unshared Edges functionality from the Divide node that is a bit hidden from new users.

- Group by Attribute (NEW)

A new node that does similar functionality to the Partition SOP, but it is a little more forgiving on the expressions and usage.

- Simple Mesh Generators (NEW)

A collection of a few different SOPs to generate base geometries aimed at Realtime FX workflows

- Physics Painter

Bug Fix: Ability to reactivate dried layers

- Merge Small Islands

Bug Fix: Group conflicts and fusing errors

- Sketchfab SOP

Bug Fix: Missing internal functions

- Animation Impostors

Bug Fix: Fixed several bugs

Attachments:
image (6).png (423.0 KB)
image (5).png (396.9 KB)

Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
670 posts
Thanks for developing all these tools.

Unfortunately the recent installer stopped my Houdini from working.

I installed the latest Houdini Production Build after the error messages, but I still get this:

Could anyone help me out with the files I am missing or tell me what to do?

Attachments:
Houdini_error.jpg (215.2 KB)

https://procegen.konstantinmagnus.de/ [procegen.konstantinmagnus.de]
240 posts
Hey Konstantin,

The issue is likely your houdini.env file. Did you run the executable installer or through inside of Houdini.

The first entry of your $HOUDINI_PATH needs to end with ;& and subsequent ones need to end with ;$HOUDINI_PATH

Hopefully that helps

Luiz
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
86 posts
Thanks Luiz and Team!

You guys rock!
  • Quick Links