problem with Hqueue 16.0.619 client service on windows 10

3083   4   4
101 posts
Hi, I am on windows 10 with Hqueue 16.0.619 and Houdini indie 16.0.619

I am using Hqueue on one machine only, just to “batch” render jobs.
I did some rendering yesterday and the day before that. Hqueue was working fine.
After restarting my computer, Hqueue finds the client, but it's unavailable ( with a grey dot) all the time.

In win 10 services, I am unable to restart the HqueueClient service, even if I do it with admin privileges.
I also tried to execute “hqclientd.bat” in the HQueueClient base folder, but it doesn't resolve the issue.

I have no clue about what is happening … Anybody ?
Edited by gui2one - July 31, 2017 10:44:12
https://vimeo.com/user43710534 [vimeo.com]
Staff
1256 posts
Hello,

What errors are reported when you attempt to restart the HQueue Client service from the Windows Services panel?

Cheers,
Rob
101 posts
Hi,
I have an “error 1069” poping up.
I didn't really search about this error before.
It seems to be about a login issue ? is that it ?
https://vimeo.com/user43710534 [vimeo.com]
Staff
1256 posts
I did a quick search and the 1069 Windows Services error indicates a logon failure. So it sounds like a permission problem. My guess is that the service's logon account does not have permission to launch the HQueue Client executable.

Try changing the service's Logon account to your Windows account that you login with and see if that helps.

But first kill any running python2.7.exeor python.exeprocesses that you find in the Task Manager. Just in case there are any duplicate client daemons lingering around from running hqclientd.bat.

Cheers,
Rob
536 posts
I just ran into this issue reinstalling 16.0.993 on Windows 10 to run some test on a clean local build of hqueue. It actually fails in the creation of the HQueueClient services and the services gets called H.

I ended up rolling back to the production build of 16.0.736 and then having to restart the HQueueClient service. Windows is strange.
  • Quick Links