How to move groups with particles ?

6071   7   1
44 posts
I am desperate to find out how to move groups with particles, just like moving primitives with Primitive SOP (do transformation).

thanx in advance :}

kumpa
557 posts
Do you mean, “move groups of particles”? If so, the Position POP should do what you want. Just name the group in the Source Group field, and then you can move those particles around.
44 posts
hi !

Lets say I take Box SOP, that consists of six primitives. If i append Primitive SOP (do transformation on), i am only able to attach one primitive to each particle. What I would like to, do is to attach entire group of primitives (whole cube in this case) defined by the Partition SOP, instead of single primitive.

thanks for reply

kumpa
44 posts
hi !

Lets say I take Box SOP, that consists of six primitives. If i append Primitive SOP (do transformation on), i am only able to attach one primitive to each particle. What I would like to, do is to attach entire group of primitives (whole cube in this case) defined by the Partition SOP, instead of single primitive.

thanks for reply

kumpa
268 posts
One way would be to use ‘add’ sop to rebuild the pieces of geometry as one primitive. Move it with the particle point and then reasign the point positions to the original geometry points. Here's a quick example

Attachments:
particlePrims.zip (17.6 KB)

557 posts
I'm obviously missing something. Why not just do the simple thing of copying a box to each particle?

Attachments:
particlePrims2.zip (20.9 KB)

44 posts
Hi !

This is nice, but what if i have pre-fractured object, piped into Conectivity SOP, then Partition SOP, and have it moved (exploded) by particles emitted from those groups centres ? I guess there should be some forloop involved somehow, but i just dont know how ops:

kumpa
648 posts
procedural fragmetns. onya AdamJ!
-cpb

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3976&st=0&p=27793&#entry27793 [odforce.net]
  • Quick Links