vellum: how can i turn off dynamics per point in vellum?? (active value in H16)

6233   2   0
28 posts
what i need to do is to find a way to push a teareable vellum cloth gradually through frames, for this purpose, im using a sop solver changing the values of a weld parameter with a growing point cloud via pcfind and such, and then updating velocity values on this growing-pc cloud, so, the points with the changed weld parameter get influenced, but the problem is that influenced points, are pulling the whole cloth, so i need also to turn of dynamics on welded geometry or something like that, i mean the points that arent reached yet by the growing point cloud…

so basically what i need is a way to make a very static or turn dynamics off in points that arent reached by a growing point cloud, much like the active value in H16 was, so they arent influenced…

i hope im being enough clear, so when the cloth is tearing apart, is pulling the whole cloth because pieces that are tearing apart are pulling the whole cloth, and i dont want that.

what im trying to do is this effect

Edited by dyei - Nov. 14, 2018 00:41:56
7803 posts
I think you can use a pintoanimtion constraint with the mode ‘stopped’. The solver looks for the state of an attribute called ‘stopped’. You can use a sopsolver/geometrywrangle to change the value in the solver.
30 posts
stopped or just set the mass to 0
Shortcuts are supposed to be hard, if they were easy then they would just be “The Way”.
  • Quick Links