Changing Parameters on Instanced Blueprints

4237   5   3
1 posts
Hello!
Recently I checked out the actor instancing feature and it is working great. As a next step I wanted to change parameters in instanced actors(in my case a blueprint). According to documentation I can change default static mesh properties by creating a unreal_uproperty_*** attribute but its not working on user created variables in blueprints. I suspect this is because those variables are not uproperties? If that is true, is there any other way to achieve that?
4 posts
Also have this same question!

Am currently spawning blueprints with Houdini Engine and am looking for a way to set the values of the blueprint variables in Houdini.
36 posts
Same here!
This would be great!
453 posts
As far as I know, this is not supported, yet.
You should send in RFEs for that, to bump the priority of this development.
The current recommended workaround is to make a bunch of Blueprints with a reasonable range of preset settings and spawn from those.
26 posts
DASD
As far as I know, this is not supported, yet.
You should send in RFEs for that, to bump the priority of this development.
The current recommended workaround is to make a bunch of Blueprints with a reasonable range of preset settings and spawn from those.

Sorry to revive an old Thread,

I'm building an elevator car blueprint that i'm trying to spawn with the Houdini Engine.
The blueprint has a set of variables such as start and stop height.

And I would like to set these variables when I instantiate the elevator.

But has support for this been integrated in the upcoming Houdini engine v2 for UE4?
Staff
534 posts
Hi Erwin,

I did some tests in v2 related to this, and BP parameters can be modified using unreal_uproperty_ attributes when instanced.

So adding attributes like “unreal_uproperty_startheight” and “unreal_uproperty_stopheight” on the instanced points will give you the ability to change the instanced BP values.
  • Quick Links