Houdini new install keeps crashing with empty scenes

1206   4   0
2 posts
I installed today Houdini hoping to start working with it and learning but it keeps crashing every time I open it after a few seconds or minutes.

Attachments:
crash.untitled.giora_11212.hipnc (59.6 KB)
crash.untitled.giora_11212_log.txt (2.6 KB)
crash.untitled.giora_11712.hipnc (59.6 KB)
crash.untitled.giora_11712_log.txt (2.7 KB)

Staff
48 posts
If Houdini is crashing shortly after you open it, make sure your system meets the System Requirements [www.sidefx.com]. In particular, I would make sure your graphics card and graphics driver are supported, although insufficient RAM might also cause crashes.
2 posts
christopherw
If Houdini is crashing shortly after you open it, make sure your system meets the System Requirements [www.sidefx.com]. In particular, I would make sure your graphics card and graphics driver are supported, although insufficient RAM might also cause crashes.

I have an Nvidia RTX 2080, 16 GB of RAM and a last generation i5.

I think I have all the minimum requirements.

Can you provide me more real help? Is there a way to understand what's making houdini crash?
320 posts
the best thing to do is contact SideFX support via email. they will have you gather crash/PC data to send them then they can help you understand why it is crashing. they have helped me in past with such issues
900 posts
bobc4d
the best thing to do is contact SideFX support via email. they will have you gather crash/PC data to send them then they can help you understand why it is crashing. they have helped me in past with such issues

they are pretty fast, and to cut even more time, remember to attach already your system info file, by going to the menu Help -> About -> Save
Edited by Andr - March 9, 2019 10:40:24
  • Quick Links