How to frame a Visible Object in the viewport? F key would frame all (invisible too)

1468   0   1
900 posts
Is there a command to frame exclusively the visible object in the viewport, and not caring about the invisible ones?
I couldn't find any in the hotkey editor.

I'm using a split scene view layout, a different object is displayed in each viewport. To do that I'm using the ‘visibile objects’ paramater under ‘Optimize’ tab of the ‘Display options’.

With ‘F’ or ‘H’ keys Houdini takes in account also the invisible object when it executes the framing. So the visible object is shown with lot of space around (if the invisible object happens to have bigger size)

Examples:
First picture shows the top viewport before any visibility filter is applied. All the objects overlap.
Second picture shows the top viewport with only one visible object (filter is on), but with bad framing, because ‘H’ and ‘F’ keys take in account also the invisible objects.
Third picture is how it should be. The visible objected centered and zoomed to take all the possible space, positioned manually.
Edited by Andr - March 10, 2019 18:45:38

Attachments:
1_overlapping.JPG (57.3 KB)
3_badframing.JPG (24.7 KB)
2_okframing.JPG (88.9 KB)
frame visible.JPG (54.0 KB)

• Quick Links