I keep running into problems with boolean and my curve, Help please.

1731   14   0
97 posts
i keep getting some random points on my second boolean idk why if there isnt any vertex on those area. And my geometry disappears depending on how long or where the points are placed. Could use some help to clear my head why its doing that and a way to solve it.

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_01.hipnc (321.7 KB)

2042 posts
Was this what you were hoping for?

Removed your ‘boolean3’ and plugged into ‘boolean4’ from ‘polyfill4’ instead.

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_02.hipnc (319.0 KB)

97 posts
BabaJ
Was this what you were hoping for?

Removed your ‘boolean3’ and plugged into ‘boolean4’ from ‘polyfill4’ instead.

no, doing that only keeps that intersection but the rest of the hallway isnt showing. Add or move the curve connected to sweep SOP and the hallway disappears and if u intersect it, sometimes it booleans intersects or if it does it doesnt add some pillars.
Edited by Shadowjonny - April 2, 2019 22:18:30
2042 posts
What do you want your boolean to do?
Edited by BabaJ - April 2, 2019 22:37:59
2042 posts
I think you want a final single closed shell?

Like this…

I just threw in the delete node to remove one primitive so you can see better what the entire result looks like.
Edited by BabaJ - April 2, 2019 23:13:19

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_03.hipnc (333.7 KB)

97 posts
BabaJ
What do you want your boolean to do?

i want my boolean to make a 4 way intersection with clean topology, no added extra points. If u try to intersect the curve or extend it more through out it, the hallway disappears. And i get extra points on the floor idk why i just want a point on each corner on the intersection. And why doesnt it add a edge(yellow marked)there's 2 points there.

Attachments:
Screenshot (318)_LI.jpg (1.8 MB)

97 posts
I dont know how the boolean is written in houdini but what i want is this. In Blender: Boolean - intersect - operator - curve

Attachments:
Screenshot (320).png (274.6 KB)

2042 posts
The last file I uploaded does that.

In your original file for your last boolean you tried to input about 26 different pieces as one input (A).

What I did with the loop is input one at a time, feeding back each time the new piece.
2042 posts
…and for your intersection, I just removed the delete I had in there when I was playing around.

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_04.hipnc (333.7 KB)

97 posts
BabaJ
The last file I uploaded does that.

In your original file for your last boolean you tried to input about 26 different pieces as one input (A).

What I did with the loop is input one at a time, feeding back each time the new piece.

i see it does work, thank you for that. Now i just want to add 4 points on the intersection and when i add a boolean it only adds 2 points tho interesting. But thank you for taking the time to help me.
2042 posts
There is already 4 points. But I know from your pics you would like for example to have a ‘square’ bottom polygon to ‘reflect’ that there is 4 points?

Just remove the polygon and create 3 new polygons.

I would normally do this in a single vex wrangle…but felt like doing it with sops this time.
Edited by BabaJ - April 3, 2019 01:04:45

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_05.hipnc (341.1 KB)

97 posts
BabaJ
There is already 4 points. But I know from your pics you would like for example to have a ‘square’ bottom polygon to ‘reflect’ that there is 4 points?

Just remove the polygon and create 3 new polygons.

I would normally do this in a single vex wrangle…but felt like doing it with sops this time.

cant tell the difference on _05 but i meant on the intersection of the wrangle i need those 4 points to add pillars.

Attachments:
Screenshot (321)_LI.jpg (1.0 MB)

97 posts
Ok got it to work added a Wrangle with the code:

for(int pointsel = 0; pointsel < @numpt; pointsel++)
{
   vector pos = point(0,"P", pointsel);

float radius = chf("radius");
    int maxp = chi("max_points");

int points[] = pcfind(1,"P", pos , radius , maxp);

foreach(int point; points)
  {

vector pointpos = point(1,"P",point);
    addpoint(0,pointpos);
    removepoint(geoself(),pointsel);

} 
}
Edited by Shadowjonny - April 3, 2019 03:18:59

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_03.hipnc (320.1 KB)

2042 posts
Ah…ok..you wanted it for the pillars…I added them at the end after the pillars.( it's there in Bunker_Hallway_05.hipnc )

Edit: If you wanted those points for the pillars, you could have used a boolean like you originally tried.
Edited by BabaJ - April 3, 2019 14:06:46

Attachments:
Bunker_Hallway_03-2.hipnc (311.4 KB)

97 posts
BabaJ
Ah…ok..you wanted it for the pillars…I added them at the end after the pillars.( it's there in Bunker_Hallway_05.hipnc )

Edit: If you wanted those points for the pillars, you could have used a boolean like you originally tried.

-.- why does it work when u do it. I connected one of my booleans to do that and it doesnt work it just as highlights or it disappears. Oh well xD
  • Quick Links