How to handle properly multiple action in same scene?

842   1   1
76 posts
Hi,

I am new with animations and I try to figure out what is the right/best/proper workflow to build multiple separate action in same scene. Let’s say I have something like this:

Camera action1: 0-100F
Sim1: 101-200F
Camera action2: 201-300F
Sim2: 301-400F
Sim3: 401-500F

All actions shares same cameras, lights, environmental, render settings, etc. I was thinking that each action is its own file but then there is no link between these settings. If I build everything in same scene in chronology order, it is very difficult to edit when I have to add/remove frames from middle.

I think this sounds a basic question but I haven’t seen any tutorial how people handle this properly?

Thx
7802 posts
Normally each sequence is rendered out separately, and then combined using editing software. Editing is one of the last steps in a pipeline, and Houdini does not really have video editing features.

Normally it goes tracking/layout -> animation -> fx/lighting -> compositing -> editing/conform -> final delivery

You can certainly output multiple sequences from the same scene file, but normally there is little reason to have them start at different frames.
  • Quick Links