Vellum cloth

1054   2   0
56 posts
Hello-
I'm having trouble finding any basic tutorials on vellum cloth. If you search for vellum cloth on YouTube, you get several hits, but they all seem rather advanced. I just want to know how to use the vellum cloth shelf object with some basic objects like a groundplane and a cube surface collider.

I tried to set this up with puzzling results. I started with a grid and dragged the vellum cloth object to it. I'm not sure if that is the right way to do it, but it's what I went with. Then I ended up with two objects, the grid and a cloth_vellum object. It seems like the vellum object references the grid somehow? I made the grid invisible.

I put down a groundplane and a box sitting on the groundplane. I set the box up as a surface collider. When I run the simulation, the cloth does seem to behave like a cloth to a certain extent, but it seems to collide with the box and floor well above those items, like it is offset upward.
-Scott

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Flag.hipnc (508.2 KB)

555 posts
why Youtube ? why not just up top of this page, Learn>Tutorials

search for Vellum and that's it….

Entagma has Basic Intro there…
56 posts
I looked at one of the Entagma videos, and found it helpful. I think I'm starting to get the gist of how vellum works, and I was able to set up a basic simulation with a cloth grid and a teapot as the collider.
  • Quick Links