RBD to FBX tool Error! Need Help!

2821   3   0
3 posts
Hey guys.
i have tested many scene with success but this scene. i don't know why.
when i import the FBX file to UE4. i get a error message : could not find the bind pose. use time 0 bla bla bla..
the file in UE4 still has the animation data. but all the transform and orientation is wrong!

then i test to import the FBX file to maya and 3Dsmax. still get the same result like it in UE4.
so i think the FBX file is wrong!

i have tested many parameters in the ROP.
i can't found out what's wrong with this.

So it will be good if anybody can give me a hand.
Here is the HIP file with houdini 17.5.173. and i have stash the geometry in the scene.
Image Not Found

Thanks!

Attachments:
level_Final_Helicopter_Explosion.rar (4.0 MB)

3 posts
OK. problem solved by friend.

i think the RBDtoFBX rop just use packed point to move the original geometry by orient and transform attribute.
then create the FBX file.

so u need to check all the animation by using the Transform pieces SOP when the FBX is not right in UE4.
it's very easy when u build the scene with shelftool. because houdini will create all the nodes for u automaticly.

in this scene. i use the deforming and active attribute to control the animation. but the bullet solver will not inherit the orient and transform attribute from sop to dop. all the attribute in DOP is zero when active is 0 and deforming is 1.
so i just use the animated attribute instead of the deforming. all the transform and orient attribute is OK now.

hope this is helpful by someone.
197 posts
Hi,

I will look at your file to see if its a problem we can prevent in the future. Will let you know what comes out of it

Paul
Paul Ambrosiussen
Technical Artist, Freelance
twitter.com/ambrosiussen_p
197 posts
So when you are using “deforming” instead of “animated”, DOPs will behave as follows: Animated will update the transform of the collision object. Deforming will recreate the collision hull every frame.

This unfortunately means the intrinsic:packedfulltransform attribute does not get updated, hence the RBD>FBX tool failing. You could perhaps calculate these values using extracttransforms or attribute reorient, but that could be quite error prone.

Atleast in your case it was literally just changing an attribute name like your last post stated.

Paul
Paul Ambrosiussen
Technical Artist, Freelance
twitter.com/ambrosiussen_p
  • Quick Links