unable to load otl digital assets created in old version Houdini in new version of Houdini

2392   4   0
479 posts
I'm unable to load the digital assets in otl files created in early version of Houdini (v15) in the latest Houdini (v17). (images attached)

May I ask if I have missed any import steps to load digital assets? (haven't used Houdini for quite a while…)

Thanks.

Edited by oat - May 17, 2019 03:44:54

Attachments:
Image 1.png (57.8 KB)
Image 2.png (16.3 KB)
Image 4.png (30.8 KB)

7762 posts
Do the assets show up in the Asset Library dialog? Are you sure they are Object level assets?
479 posts
Dear jsmack, thanks for the reply.

The digital assets did show in the asset library dialog when I load them. (see image below)

And, it also shows up in the “asset manager” window.

However, I'm unable to access it by hit the Tab key.

Has the latest Houdini changed the way to load digital asset otl files?

Or, is the latest Houdini not compatible with otls created in older version?

Edited by oat - May 21, 2019 01:57:32

Attachments:
Image 26.png (55.9 KB)
Image 27.png (51.3 KB)

7762 posts
Old assets should load into in new versions fine. Perhaps there is something wrong with the assets' toolscript. Are you able to create the nodes using python? If you inspect an asset's type properties, is the tool script present, and does it look correct? It's hard to guess what could be wrong without investigating myself. Perhaps SideFX support can assist you if you send them an asset to test.
Staff
3455 posts
from the above images it looks like you're still in OBJ - but your HDA contains SOPs
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links