TOPs HDA Processor error on cook

3344   3   1
350 posts
Any TOPs experts able to tell me why I am unable to cook my HDAProcessor without errors?
Getting the following error when trying to cook a HDAProcessor node.

failure at /home/prisms/builder-new/Nightly17.5CMake/dev/src/houdini/custom/PDG/HDAProcessor/HDAProcessor.C:872
, result = 1 : Invalid argument given: Could not create node for some reason. Most like, the operator_name given has not been loaded from an otl or hda file. Please call HAPI_LoadAssetLibraryFromFile() with the file containing this operator definition.
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
what(): mutex: pthread_mutex_lock failed: Invalid argument
Edited by art3mis - June 10, 2019 21:57:52

Attachments:
Intro_to_PDG_004.hiplc (167.7 KB)
my_hda.hdalc (28.4 KB)
HDAProcessor.png (216.0 KB)

1 posts
Has anyone managed to find a solution to this?

I've seen this same issue here, and I'm having it in a couple of my projects.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-for-indie-gamedev-section-4-scattering-foilage/ [www.sidefx.com]
1 posts
Just encountered this issue, it seems tat wedge attribute cannot be named ‘color’, it works after giving different name to the attribute (eg. ‘color1’ works).
37 posts
I'll add to this as I stumbled over it as well and couldn't solve it with the comments in here.

I'm on Houdini v 18.0.416

The problem for me was, the parameters exposed by the HDA had matching names with the attributes the wegde node put out. This seams to be a nono. Also the values of the HDA where filled automagically with the output values, which might not be what you want.
  • Quick Links