Extract data from CHOP network

912   2   0
55 posts
Hi, I´m new to Houdini so I´m doing various tests. I´m playing around with the bend node and since I´m coming from Maya, I´m trying to parent the bend node to a bone (in this simple exercise)
I did this CHOP network where you can get the world space of anything, inthis case nulls, and the questions is, how can I extract data from the vector node or the getworldspace node to do a simple copy parameter / paste relative reference? The objective is to position the Capture Origin and Capture Direction to follow the bone.

Attachments:
extract data.PNG (379.3 KB)

17 posts
Hi,

Not sure if this works, but did you try to refer the channels directly in the Capture Origin and Capture Direction ? Something like :

`chf(../chopnet1/constraintgetworldspace1/tx)`
`chf(../chopnet1/constraintgetworldspace1/ty)`
`chf(../chopnet1/constraintgetworldspace1/tz)`

`chf(../chopnet1/vector1/tx)`
`chf(../chopnet1/vector1/ty)`
`chf(../chopnet1/vector1/tz)`
55 posts
Thanks for the answer … it should work but it doesn´t. By the way, the correct path argument is using ch, not chf.
ch("../chopnet1/constraintgetworldspace1/tx")

I did get it to work, if you activate the “export” flag of the vector node, you get the data sent to the geometry node, and all I did was creating separate geometry nodes, one for the vector and another for the position and then just copied parameters and pasted relative reference to the bend node. This way I´m “parenting” the bend node to the bone position and rotation.
  • Quick Links