Copy Stamp timeshift

3953   4   1
12 posts
Hi,

I am getting some problem with offsetting leaf animation while copy stamping. Does anyone know how to offset leaf animation with copy stamp?

Thanks

Attachments:
ivy_01.hip (185.2 KB)

Manish Sharma
FX TD
310 posts
I'm pretty certain the way you offset animations is with Chops, not with copy stamping.
679 posts
Hey Manish,

the best way to offset “copy to points” (copy stamp is legacy) would be to write the animation to disc and define a value for each point that determines the frame that should be loaded. then use a “for each” loop to copy to each point.

Cheers
CYTE
359 posts
A simpler way might be to bake your animation to disk and load it back in as a Packed Disk Sequence via the File SOP; then afterwards you can just set the “index” primitive intrinsic to whatever you want via the “setprimintrinsic” VEX function. For example, if you had an animated sequence running from frames 1-30 and you wanted to randomly offset them:

int rand_offset = fit01(rand(@ptnum), 0, 29);
setprimintrinsic(0, "index", @ptnum, rand_offset, "add");
MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
679 posts
Hey toadstorm,

thanks for this insight! the only thing I have to correct is that it has to be a float value for index changes (not a int) to work.

Thank you and Cheers
CYTE
  • Quick Links