how can I fetch constraint geometry from DOPs into SOPs

4394   3   0
76 posts
This is not during the simulation in a Sop Solver inside a Dop network but inside a Sop Network/Geo object.
There are some examples that show how to break constraints in a Sop Solver and fetch the data using an Object Merge Sop.
But I'm in a regular Sop network so my guess is I should either use the Dop Import Sop or Dop Import Records Sop.

I've figured there is an object called Relationships that holds the data:
_my_dopnetwork_:Relationships/_my_relationship_/constraintnetwork/Geometry
And this relationshipnetwork can also be found per RBD object in the RelInAffectors and RelInGroup.
I've figured that relationshipnetwork in the RBD objects are just referencing the one in Relationships as it has the same uniqueid.

If I fill in the Relationship object in the Object Mask of either Dop Import or Dop Import Record the I get a “No DOP object names specified.”
Trying to anything from the objects with various attempts on Data Path gives me empty geometry.

Anyone an idea what I'm overlooking here?

cheers,
benS
76 posts
Just for the record.. and future reference.

Solved this by using a regular Object Merge Sop.
Click the browse button next to the Object # parameter and you'll see you can select geometry from inside the Dop network.
In my case I'm selecting the constraintnetwork/overwrite_with_sops/fetch_old_value which contains the geometry I'm looking for.

If anyone know a cleaner way then please comment below..

cheers,
benS
Edited by ben5ch - Feb. 5, 2019 09:54:55
7 posts
I'm looking for something close to that - getting the animated visualization of the constraints, still eludes me
114 posts
You can either use Transform Pieces SOP together with a DOP Import set to “points only” mode or do it manually as described here:

https://forums.odforce.net/topic/21250-export-contraint-network-from-dop-network-and-active-attribute/ [forums.odforce.net]
Edited by nicholasralabate - Nov. 23, 2019 01:10:14
  • Quick Links