Vellum Cloth problem - Multiple stitching / copy to points

1478   1   1
3 posts
Hello to you - all the magicians out there!

I've got a problem with Vellum cloth, its good to point out that I am relatively new to houdini. if You have any suggestions regarding refining anything inside the project, please shout out.

This thing is part of a bigger project, so I just synthesized the elements I've got a problem with.

Im trying to create a procedural window curtain made out of vellum, hence I need to copy the “hangers” to points on the line and also stitch them back to the main piece of “drape” (curtain).

1. My brain freeze can't resolve selecting weld points of “hanger” and then copying them - so they are undependant of each other.
2. “drape” seems to be too heavy for a “hanger” to keep it close to the pole - it just drags everything down until it clips through the pole.
3. Stitching “hanger” to “drape” seems to do it very badly, it clips and rotates the “drape” - maybe bbox method of selecting those points is bad? What are the alternatives.

Project attached.

Edit: Attatched another file - figured out that welding to the edge brings better results, still it needs the same number of points, so keeping the same resolution of drape and hanger is a must for this setup (it sometimes dsnt work)

The plasticity of the drape is somehow a problem, I cant seem to find the setting to make it less ‘rubberish’
Edited by Morhaq - Dec. 12, 2019 08:28:33

Attachments:
WindowDrapes_unsolved.hipnc (557.6 KB)
WindowDrapes_unsolvedv2.hipnc (557.5 KB)

555 posts
your setup is far too complicated for my liking, so did one from scratch.
EDIT: you can change stitch to Weld so that the hangers are stuck on to the surface rather than having a tiny gap with stitch.
Edited by vusta - Dec. 18, 2019 16:02:08

Attachments:
Curtain.gif (3.3 MB)
vu_Curtain.hipnc (563.7 KB)

• Quick Links