Component Tag VS Actor Tag

4967   7   2
1 posts
Hi,

I am trying to assign Actor Tags to assets in Unreal Engine, using Houdini Engine. My HDA is successful in doing so, but it assigns the tags to the StaticMeshComponent of the asset. and not the StaticMeshActor.

I have tried many different attribute names, but it always goes to the component tag, and not the actor tag.

Does anyone maybe have a solution for me?

Thanks.
Nicol.
118 posts
Bumping an old thread. Was there a solution for this in Houdini Engine for Unreal V2? We have not had success assigning a Tag to the Actor, only the Component.

Using unreal_uproperty_Tags does not have any success with adding an Actor Tag. We are using 18.5.462

Glen
2 posts
GlenD
Bumping an old thread. Was there a solution for this in Houdini Engine for Unreal V2? We have not had success assigning a Tag to the Actor, only the Component.

Using unreal_uproperty_Tags does not have any success with adding an Actor Tag. We are using 18.5.462

Glen

I transfered every components tag to actor by editor utility manually after bake. Just simply grab every baked actors in your levels, then transfer the tags to your outer actor.

Edited by KokLiangTan - Nov. 22, 2021 03:00:41

Attachments:
Snipaste_2021-11-22_16-00-03.png (130.8 KB)

118 posts
KokLiangTan
GlenD

Glen

I transfered every components tag to actor by editor utility manually after bake. Just simply grab every baked actors in your levels, then transfer the tags to your outer actor.

Image Not Found
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out!

Glen
14 posts
zombieposting this thread, setting actor tags through HEngine would be a really nice feature!

also being able to set arrays through @unreal_uproperty would be cool. For example setting up a list of textures to use on an actor: concrete example would be a list of existing virtual textures to draw in on a landscape.

Thanks for considering!
25 posts
Good timing, looks like it was just added to the plugin this week!
https://www.sidefx.com/changelog/?journal=&categories=52&body=&version=&build_min=604&build_max=604&show_versions=on&show_compatibility=on&items_per_page= [www.sidefx.com]

My workaround for this has been to use pre-made empty BP actors with the actor tags, and then use unreal_bake_actor_class attribute to use those as templates. This of course only works if you have a small set of tags you know about beforehand.
1 posts
Eetu_Mainframe
Good timing, looks like it was just added to the plugin this week!
https://www.sidefx.com/changelog/?journal=&categories=52&body=&version=&build_min=604&build_max=604&show_versions=on&show_compatibility=on&items_per_page= [www.sidefx.com]

My workaround for this has been to use pre-made empty BP actors with the actor tags, and then use unreal_bake_actor_class attribute to use those as templates. This of course only works if you have a small set of tags you know about beforehand.

Can you tell me how to use unreal_bake_actor_class attribute ?

I set s@unreal_bake_actor_class = "Blueprint'/Game/TJAD_Content/HDA/BP_myactor.BP_myactor'"; in prim

Bake Blueprint or Bake Actor all Not working

LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Game/TJAD_Content/HDA/BP_myactor.BP_myactor'
25 posts
To get the class, in Unreal you need to append _Cto your blueprint name.
So, try Blueprint'/Game/TJAD_Content/HDA/BP_myactor.BP_myactor_C'
  • Quick Links