HDA backwards compatibility question...

908   2   0
109 posts
I recently opened up a few digital assets that I made a few months back and I used a lot of game-dev nodes. When I opened it up, initially, I got a few errors, and then when it cooked it was all sorts of wrong.

What is the typical way of dealing with this? Is there a way to bake the initial configuration into the tool or do I need to keep a build in order just to run it? Sorry if this more obvious than I'm making it out to be. Thanks
7770 posts
decksounds
What is the typical way of dealing with this?

The asset dependencies have to be kept around as long as you want to use the assets that depend on them. In studios this is usually done with a versioned package management system that can track dependencies. For assets that don't live in packages such as user made HDA's this is more of an issue, since the dependencies aren't tracked. In these causes, depending on external non-versioned tools should simply be avoided.
109 posts
Thanks a lot for this reply, it took me some time to get to it with the holidays. I figured it would be something like that, now I know. Cheers!
  • Quick Links