Crowd agents do not move.

1973   6   2
12 posts
Hi

1. I’m creating a crowd sim with agents loaded from FBX files, exported from Mixamo, and the agents are running their animation cycles in-place and are not moving with the particle speeds. I tried adjusting the gait speed, or multiplier speeds, I also tried adjusting the various initial velocity options, but nothing works.

2. When I import the FBX character and plug that into the create agent node, it does not loop the animation, and only plays the 23 frame cycle once. I’m using Houdini 17.5.

3. Lastly, when I import the FBX animations, all my normals and textures are gone or broken. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
7715 posts
It's hard to tell from your description. Is the animation from your FBX file in-place or locomotive? If it's already in-place, then you should turn off “Convert to In-Place Animation” on the Agent SOP/ROP. If it's locomotive, then you have this parameter enabled and specify the “Locomotion Node” so that the crowds system knows where to get the world-space movement of your character.
12 posts
Thanks, Edward for the help. It is an in-place animation, but I already have the convert to locomotion turned off and have it set to in-place animation and it is still stationary… any other idea what it could possibly be?
7715 posts
Are you adjusting the Clip Speed Multiplier and Gait Speed parameters on the Crowd State DOP itself? Maybe your agent is not in that particular state? I just tried a simple in-place Mixamo FBX I had lying around and those parameters definitely had an effect with just a single agent and path setup done via the Shelf tools.
7715 posts
I think other than you providing an actual setup, I'm out of ideas since there could be many things that are different here.
12 posts
Thanks so much, Edward. I think it might have been a bug. I rebuilt the scene in H18 and it now works. Perhaps I accidentally switched something off or on and that caused issues. And I think the State theory might actually be the most plausible… thanks again and, happy 2020!
7715 posts
Glad to hear that it works! Happy New Year to you too!
  • Quick Links