Karma and LOPs viewport selection issues

3883   6   2
7024 posts
Hi,

I recall an env var to fix the selection problems (yellow selection remaining even when undesired, in Karma render mode) but can't for the life of me remember it. I can't find it in hconfig -H and the old forum that contained that info has disappeared

Cheers,

Peter B
7737 posts
I usually get it to go away by clicking like mad in every possible place.
7024 posts
Yeah I do that too, but it gets old pretty fast
12429 posts
pbowmar
I recall an env var to fix the selection problems (yellow selection remaining even when undesired, in Karma render mode) but can't for the life of me remember it. I can't find it in hconfig -H and the old forum that contained that info has disappeared

I think HOUINI_KARMA_SELECTION support has been removed in later versions of usdrenderers.py– hopefully in anticipation that Karma will be rendering it's own Object ID pass soon?
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
Staff
5156 posts
Karma does its own picking and selection display now. You can turn off the selection highlight on the right toolbar wirh the toggle button (under the geo, light, and camera toggles).

We're looking into ways to make this more configurable and subtle.
7024 posts
Thanks Mark, but the selection highlight “off” button only works occasionally for me, and rarely in Karma.

Perfect workflow IMO:

When in Select mode, you see the selection, otherwise you don't

I realise that is wildly oversimplifying things…

Cheers,

Peter B
Staff
5156 posts
This must have broken when we switched over to the new selection display system for delegates. It's fixed in tomorrow's cut (18.0.356).
  • Quick Links