Using collision in PYRO - Question about deforming Geo

1112   1   0
17 posts
I have a container that explodes from an RBD sim - Inside that container is Pyro sim - I have the pyro interacting with container using collision sourcing. In the static object node, if I click Use Deforming Geometry the sim crashes my computer. Unchecked, the sim works and collides with non-deforming geo but the RBD sim isnt activated the and pyro wont come out of the holes…as expected.

I've file cached everything, and settings are low res..(.1 Vox size)

Computer is new HP Z8 with 128GB Ram. Once the RBD sim initiates, the sim maxes out my RAM and seizes or crashes. Any help would be appreciated. I have include my script so you can see my settings. Been hacking at this for 2 weeks problem solving..smh.

Thank you!

Attachments:
Cabin_v14_FixMe5.hipnc (2.8 MB)

17 posts
So when I uncheck - Use Deforming Geometry - in the static solver everything works well. I had the voxel size set very low res but it would still crash the sim. So instead of the pyro interacting with the newly formed holes in the roof, I just have a static object that it collides with and I am moving on. In the future, I would like to understand why/how using deforming geometry crashes the system and how to better use the effect.

Moving on..
  • Quick Links