For each point loop problem

1264   4   1
76 posts
Hi, I have a point cloud and i want to remove all points which has two neighbors in distance x. I have a point wrangle which do this but now i try to implement that in for each loop. The problem is that i don't understand how i can feed updated point cloud data for each new loop. Let say that i have 200 points and first loop check the first point and find two neighbors in x distance, all three points are removed. Next loop should happen for 197 points. See demo file

Thx

Attachments:
point_remove.hiplc (336.8 KB)

30 posts
Sounds like you should be using the solver sop. Also, you said the current point being processed and its neighboring two points are removed. Is it just a growth effect you're looking for? In that case, see attached file. Either way, I think you need to utilize the solver sop for whatever effect you're going for here.

Attachments:
point_remove.hipnc (351.7 KB)

8595 posts
block Begin in Fetch Feedback mode brings in Geo from previous iteration, you have the Geo plugged in the wrangle's first input without any Block Begin so it will use the same geo every iteration
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
76 posts
tamte
block Begin in Fetch Feedback mode brings in Geo from previous iteration, you have the Geo plugged in the wrangle's first input without any Block Begin so it will use the same geo every iteration

Thanks I got it almost work. Only problem is that since i use meta data for iteration, it can skip some point groups because point numbers change when points are removed. Can i keep remaining point numbers same even i remove other points or how i can handle this?

Attachments:
point_remove.hiplc (340.3 KB)

209 posts
mihatsu
Thanks I got it almost work. Only problem is that since i use meta data for iteration, it can skip some point groups because point numbers change when points are removed. Can i keep remaining point numbers same even i remove other points or how i can handle this?

In order to access the point number you can use an Enumerate SOP to create a backup of point indexes.
This is like id in particle simulation…
Edited by N-G - March 18, 2020 20:34:23
  • Quick Links