Capture and Wirecapture attributes

3765   4   1
289 posts
Hi everybody,

I would like to convert the bones Capture to a wireCapture.

It succeded partially but both formats are not really compatible it seems.

Is there a way to do this correctly?

Currently I'm trying to do this using CHOP's, but it is not really clear how to interpret the various attributes.

for example pCapt seems to have higher and higher values directly linked to the number of bones. is it correct that this is used to have a link with the bone number?

The wireCapPrimU that is a detail attribute, is it possible to convert the attribute so it becomes viewable in the CHOP channel. I tried the attribute promote, but it did not seem to work on it.
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
7722 posts
They're not. Try searching on odforce for the attribute names. I recall explaining them before.
289 posts
Thanks Edward,

I'll have a look at them.
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
289 posts
Cool this really works!!

I'm also able to normalize the wirecapt correctly! Really, thanks a lot Edward.

Any idea why the odd wireCapt Attribute is taking integer steps? Is this to notify how many other wires are deforming the vertex?

Now Finding out how to convert the Capture weights to WireCaptureWeights…

7722 posts
kgoossens
Any idea why the odd wireCapt Attribute is taking integer steps? Is this to notify how many other wires are deforming the vertex?

What do you mean? The format in the float attribute is:
<prim1> <weight1> <prim2> <weight2> <prim3> <weight3> …

The <prim*> values are the primitive numbers of the curves. Primitive numbers are non-negative integers.
  • Quick Links