HQueue submission errors--can't find "/houdini_setup"

2634   4   1
100 posts
The subject pretty much says it all–setting up a local HQueue farm, the server is a Mac, the farm computer is Linux. The shared folder seems to be successfully registered with both computers, and the client shows up in the server's HQueue broser console.

However, when I submit a job, under the job details for the child job, it fails immediately, and I get the error:

/bin/bash: ./houdini_setup: No such file or directory

Any pointers? I've dug around the Linux machine's directories and can find no file or folder with that name. On the Mac I found it buried way in the subdirectories under the applications directory. (The Linux machine is only running Houdini Engine.)

Thanks!
3 posts
did you get an answer to this question as i have the same issue atm.

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: /mnt/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.linux-x86_64: No such file or directory
5 posts
finchyboyz
did you get an answer to this question as i have the same issue atm.

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: /mnt/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.linux-x86_64: No such file or directory

HQueue is installed in Windows OS, it works well. But, HQueue installed in Linux/CentOS7.7.1908 does not work; i have met the same question.
22 posts
Can we get an answer from Sidefx on this please? Over a year and a half to answer the question? I have the same problem setting up HQueue so this seems to be an oversight in their installer for some reason.
My setup:
Linux Mint 19.3
Houdini Indie 18.0.566
Houdini installed with the launcher, HQueue installed manually from downloaded files. For some reason the launcher won't let me install the server:

Nothing happens when I click on: “Choose another version”

In my path:

In my installation directory:

Error from HQueue:

In HQueue properties “view”

“hythonCommandsLinux”: “export HFS=\”/opt/houdini/Houdini18.0.566/bin\“ && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && hython -u”,
“pythonCommandsMacosx”: “export HFS=\”/opt/houdini/Houdini18.0.566/bin\“ && $HFS/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python”,
“pythonCommandsLinux”: “export HFS=\”/opt/houdini/Houdini18.0.566/bin\“ && $HFS/python/bin/python2.7”,
“pythonCommandsWindows”: “(set HFS=\\opt\\houdini\\Houdini18.0.566\\bin) && (set PATH=\\opt\\houdini\\Houdini18.0.566\\bin\\python27;\\opt\\houdini\\Houdini18.0.566\\bin\\bin;!PATH!) && echo Accessing \”!HFS!\\python27\\python2.7.exe\“ … && \”!HFS!\\python27\\python2.7.exe\“”,
“mantraCommandsLinux”: “export HFS=\”/opt/houdini/Houdini18.0.566/bin\“ && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && $HFS/python/bin/python2.7 $HFS/houdini/scripts/hqueue/hq_mantra.py”,

Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by Steven Quinones-Colon2 - Sept. 28, 2020 12:01:53
22 posts
SideFx folks did some troubleshooting and this is fixed by adding the $HFS variable in the HQueue render rop under “Target $HFS”, which should be pointing to wherever your installation is present.

• Quick Links