Can select Visible Only points in Edit Capture Weights Tool?

1417   5   1
631 posts
Hi,

How to select Visible Only points in Edit Capture Weights Tool? Drag selecting always select all points Have to select one by one?

Thanks!
425 posts
Yes, I'm wondering about the same thing. I activated “Area Select Visible Geometry Only” , but that seems to have so effect whatsoever. It's very frustrating to edit weights like this.

Anyone ?

Thanks.

R.
425 posts
Bump !!

2 years later it looks like this is still not solved. I'm trying to edit the weights of a single object and Houdini keeps selecting all the points of every visible object in the viewport.

On top of that, it's adding a "capture override" node to every object that's been selected by accident but has no bone deformer.

Really ? This can't be by design, I must be doing something wrong here...

Super frustrating, anyone knows the magic trick for editing bone weights of only the currently selected geometry in Houdini without having to manually hide and unhide stuff ?

Thanks.
425 posts
Trying to edit some weights and apparently nothing has changed in 19.5.
425 posts
Just reported an RFE and the issue has been submitted as a bug.

Let's hope it will be fixed soon.
425 posts
Smells like there's not going to be a fix:

" The Edit Capture Weights tool is part of the old character workflow in Houdini and is on life support only. We suggest using the FBX Character Import SOP for new projects and the Joint Capture Biharmonic and Joint Capture Paint SOPs to edit your weights. "

Just in case anyone else runs into this, I found this tutorial on how to use the new FBX Character import workflow : https://youtu.be/7vg0bnc5R7Y [youtu.be]
Edited by toonafish - Aug. 19, 2022 11:10:56
  • Quick Links