Crowd Blend Duration Variance

778   1   0
310 posts
I was hoping the crowd solver was like a normal dop, where I can inherit attributes from sops into the dop and have them affect the sim automatically. There is a parameter on the crowd transition dop called “duration” which controls the length of the blend between states, if we allow houdini to create the transition for us. No matter what I do, I can't get the duration attribute to get used by this node. I can successfully get the duration attribute into my sim, but it gets overwritten by whatever duration value exists on the crowd trigger node. Ultimately I wanted to add variance in this duration attribute in sops, since controls for variance aren't embedded into the node. Anyone have any tips or a workaround?

Thanks!
Edited by Midasssilver - May 18, 2020 17:05:01
310 posts
Update: Upon further examination, I am successfully getting the attribute into dops, but it doesn't look like it is iterating through all my agents. It looks like it is just taking whatever value I have for (most likely) point 0. I am using the expression:

point(“../crowd_setup”, @ptnum, “duration”, 0)

I am calling the path to that node, I am iterating through all the points for the attribute “duration” and choosing the first index, which is a float. Not certain why it isn't looping through my agents and retrieving the duration value. Any ideas?? Thanks!
  • Quick Links