Bubbles in liquid

2119   6   2
76 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to do something similar than this https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/fluid/bubbles.html [www.sidefx.com] . I have liquid simulation ready and I try to add bubbles. How those are made? I mean do i need to simulate bubbles separately and then use sink tool or are those bubbles part of some off the shelf tool?

Thx
Mika
76 posts
seems that this Enforce Air Incompressibility should do the trick with sink but i dont get it work.

Attachments:
Glass.hiplc (1.2 MB)

73 posts
I got your setup to produce this by lowering the particle sep by half and turning on surface tension at 0.01. It looks terrible but it does show that Enforce Air Incompressibility does *something*….

Attachments:
glass.gif (231.9 KB)

76 posts
ziconic
I got your setup to produce this by lowering the particle sep by half and turning on surface tension at 0.01. It looks terrible but it does show that Enforce Air Incompressibility does *something*….

Image Not Found

You dint change anything else? It seems that my sink doesn't work. can you share you modified file? Thx
76 posts
I got this work. Documentation is not the best one and I realized that i dont even need the sink.
73 posts
Since I didn't save the modified file, I tried recreating it and couldn't get it to work again… until I realized I had OpenCL disabled the first time. I guess that was the trick – air incompressibility doesn't work with OpenCL but of course this isn't mentioned anywhere in the docs.
76 posts
ziconic
Since I didn't save the modified file, I tried recreating it and couldn't get it to work again… until I realized I had OpenCL disabled the first time. I guess that was the trick – air incompressibility doesn't work with OpenCL but of course this isn't mentioned anywhere in the docs.

I think that disable that OpenCL was the key for success. Thank you for your help!
Edited by mihatsu - June 17, 2020 10:44:05
  • Quick Links