Turning off attribute override of DOP parameters?

2481   1   1
7025 posts
Hi,
In the Wire Object DOP, if you have attributes on your incoming geometry like, for example, klinear, these override the corresponding parameter in DOPs. This is awesome! However, I'd like to turn this off mid-simulation for various reasons. The only thing I can think of is modifying the actual attributes in SOPs but that seems clumsy and also could be very slow.
Is there a way I'm missing to de-activate the override of parameters? A search of the docs turned up nothing.

Cheers,

Peter B
387 posts
I'm not sure how you're bringing in the attribute. When I tried with a Wire Object DOP I just saw the value set in the Wire Object DOP params. My sop was simply a Line Sop, with an Attribute Create SOP (setting “klinear”). I figured you'd need to have the “use animated geometry” toggle set.. But.. Anyway..

How about this. Jumping down inside the Wire Object DOP reveals the “klinear” attribute is set via a Wire Force Model DOP. That suggests a solution: use a Wire Force Model DOP with an expression in the Linear Spring Constant parm, for example: if( $SF<20, detail(“../sopnet1/OUT”, “klinear”, 0), dopoption(“../wireobject1”, “wireobject1”, “ForceModel”, “klinear”))Change the “Default Operation” on the Wire Force Model DOP to Set Always.

cheers,
ben.
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
  • Quick Links