OCIO broken in Image Viewer 18.0.499?

1688   6   0
26 posts
We are working with OCIO, using this line in houdini.env:
OCIO = “C:/_dev/aces_1.0.3/config.ocio”

Image Viewer has this little dropdown box where you can choose things like “sRGB”, “Rec.709”, “Raw” etc. But it doesn't work anymore. The image always looks Raw regardless of what I choose. The same dropdown box works when looking at an image in a Composite View.

We've made several system changes over the last days, including an upgrade to Houdini 18.0.499 and an upgrade to the latest Nvidia driver. I'm not sure what broke it and how this is even possible considering that it works in Composite View, and also in the Houdini viewport. Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Strangely enough, we also still have Houdini 17.5 installed, and its image viewer is now broken in the same way even though it always used to work.
26 posts
I've identified the problem: the subfolder that I rendered the image into happens to be called “raw”, and that causes the behavior.

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug. If the folder name even just begins with “raw”, so e.g. if the folder is called “raw_a”, Image Viewer will always display these images as “Raw” regardless of what you pick in the dropdown box.
Edited by blubbmedia - July 20, 2020 05:29:32
4 posts
sure,Ocio is more and more in demand, this problem needs to be solved urgently to ensure the smooth working process
7808 posts
Colorspace tokens in the filename are part of the standard OCIO workflow. I'm not sure if that behavior can be turned off in Houdini.
26 posts
jsmack
Colorspace tokens in the filename are part of the standard OCIO workflow. I'm not sure if that behavior can be turned off in Houdini.
It doesn't have to be turned off if this is intended behavior, I just wasn't aware of it.
387 posts
Parsing colorspace tags (names) is a feature of OCIO, it could be turned off directly in the OCIO config by setting:
strictparsing: false
26 posts
pezetko
Parsing colorspace tags (names) is a feature of OCIO, it could be turned off directly in the OCIO config by setting:
strictparsing: false
Thank you for the tip!
  • Quick Links